Game, Ms. Noelle: my musings on pro tennis

Monday, January 09, 2006

Interview with the Tennis

TENNIS: Why haven't you been writing about me lately?

NOELLE: Well, I haven't seen you around lately.

T: What are you talking about? The Hopman Cup, Qatar Open, Adelaide, Chennai... And that's only for the men's and mixed doubles events. I am here, baby. It's the new year!

N: Well, I really don't know what to write--

T: Why haven't you said anything about Mariano Puerta being banned for eight years after his positive test for etilefrine was confirmed?

N: I don't know. There doesn't seem to be much left to say rather than "His excuse is muy flimsy." Other than that, I'm practically uninformed on the rest of your doings this January.

T: Hey! What kind of tennis blogger are you?

N: A bored one. I can't seem to catch any of your matches on TV lately. I haven't played in four weeks, either.

T: Don't they say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder?"

N: They also say "Out of sight, out of mind." To think I was one of the people who thought you needed a longer offseason. Psh.

T: But I do! Or at least my players do so they can rest and recover and train and all those things. Maybe I just need to be on TV more?

N: I guess. Because last year your television coverage sucked. Aside from the Australian Open, I couldn't catch any matches live during normal hours, there were virtually no replays of the matches that came on late at night or too early in the morning--

T: The Australian Open starts next week, you know.

N: It will?

T: Although Andre Agassi isn't playing because of that ankle injury he was suffering from during the 2005 Tennis Masters Cup.

N: And Marat Safin?

T: In doubt.

N: Oh, that's really bad. Any other news?

T: Rafael Nadal is also in doubt, and... Hey! What's with all the questions? You're just asking them so you can write about, uh, me!

N: Wasn't that the whole point of this conversation?

T: Uh...

N: You're such a demanding sport.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe. funny and informative!

1:53 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was such a good idea!!!! nice to mix up the entries a little and i luuuuurved it!! :D

12:20 PM 
Blogger Noelle De Guzman said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Tennis says thank you for reading, too. :)

12:29 PM 
Blogger Renee said...

This is great. Definitely something to make me laugh a little while I'm sitting around all day trying to come up with papers.
See you next week on telly, tennis :D
Nice work, Noelle

12:59 AM 
Blogger Todd Spiker said...

Haha! Muy great! :D

11:45 PM 

Post a Comment