Game, Ms. Noelle: my musings on pro tennis

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Housekeeping

Greetings, readers! This is to inform you that Game, Ms. Noelle will be on hiatus for the next two weeks. I need to evaluate whether I can still keep up this blog. As you can probably tell, I have increasingly had less time to devote to hunting down tennis news and information. Also, not having good tennis coverage on television impacts any desire I have to talk about tennis, and write about it on a daily or weekly basis.

Thank you for reading. I highly recommend the tennis blogs listed on the sidebar for your daily fix of tennis news and commentary. ¡Hasta luego!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Awww. I say keep it up!

Even if it's not always updated, people would still come here to see what Ms. Noelle's got to say apropos the current happenings in the tennis world. Besides, Roland Garros is just weeks away. Surely those damn sports channel here would cover that, or else...

9:23 PM 
Blogger dominook said...

hi. just want to share with you my experience. i just recently discovered watching tennis. federer became an instant idol. perhaps because of my excitement, i sent an email to philippine tennis association (i might have been barking on the wrong tree - but hey, i was excited) asking if they ever plan to bring federer, nadal and roddick or top seed players for an exhibition game. after all, back in the 80s, i remember an event called fire and ice where top seeded players at that time visited manila for an exhibition game.

imagine my surprise when PTA said, through Loida Mallare, Adm. Assistant, Philippine Tennis Association, "Why not just try and go watch Grand Slam events like the US Open, French Open, Australian Open, etc. ??? Tickets for these tournaments can be purchased thru their respective websites." i agree with what she said that it was expensive bringing them here and they have tight schedule. but my goodness, this is how they reply?

it was a wishful thinking on my part, quickly doused with ice-cold water! hee hee...

3:44 PM 

Post a Comment